The Baptism of Jesus: Why be Baptized? (Oct. 16, 2022)
This Sunday we looked into the baptism of Jesus in Mark 1:9-11. If people were being called to repentance and seeking the forgiveness of sins, why did Jesus need to be baptized? He was without sin as our Savior. We dove into this as well as the unbelievable packed words of God the Father at Jesus' baptism.
Watch it here: https://youtu.be/fGXDhG6W53g?t=304.
Want to enjoy the songs we sang again? Here are versions available on YouTube:
- Holy Spirit (see the lyrics here)
- Come Thou Fount, Come Thou King
- When I Survey the Wondrous Cross
- How Deep the Father’s Love for Us (lyrics here)
Follow our playlist to enjoy these and other songs we sing during our worship services!
This week the kids learned about people rebelling against God.
- God commanded people to fill the earth and glorify Him.
- People decided to settle in one place and build a tall tower to glorify themselves.
- God confused their language so they were forced to stop building and obey God by scattering around the earth.
People wanted glory for themselves instead of God. They ignored God’s plan, so God confused their language and scattered them all over the earth. One day, Jesus will gather together all of God’s people–from every tribe and language–and they will worship Him together.
“For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”
Big picture question
What does it mean to sin? To sin is to think, speak, or behave in any way that goes against God and His commands.
Prayer Requests or Questions?
How can we be praying for you? Please contact us with your requests and praises! We’re also happy to answer any questions you might have.